Friday, December 4, 2009

Flower Tutorial

As promised the first of our tutorials for the holiday season. This flower is made with the leaf cut from A Child's Year. I used the 2 1/2 inch leaf stretched to 3 inches at the widest point in DS. I cut 12 leaves on double sided paper because I was not sure which side I wanted to use, I decided to use the patterned side. This is a Martha Stewart stack I purchased at WM....I loved the metallic papers for the holiday season.

Using Folkart metallic gold and a foam brush I dry brushed the edges and tips of each leaf.....

Using the dry brush technique I was able to achieve a look that I liked....

Using pop dots I attached 6 of the leaves to make the center of the flower....the pop dots are on the edge of the leaf and I simply made a circle with them.....

This is what your center will look like when all six leaves are in place.....